Clear all

Mythic Ways of Knowing  

RSS

Brad Diedrich
(@theprofessor)
Member Admin
29/03/2020 6:57 pm  

Dream

We are all familiar with the way dreams speak to us in strangely assembled images, drawn from the past, interspersed with our fears, and projected into our future. There is even the ‘science’ of travelling through space and time with lucid (consciously aware) dreaming. While dreams clearly have a function in helping us process emotional disturbance, including ‘nightmares’, they can also communicate deeper truths to us through imagery.

I myself had a clear experience of this during a major period of upheaval in my life. Working with a dream therapist, I learned how to go back into the dream sequence and ‘ask’ different images what they were trying to tell me. The answers were clear and direct and helped me make major changes in my life. It was like my deeper awareness was communicating to me via metaphor, bypassing my habitual ways of thinking.

Topic Tags
Brad Diedrich
(@theprofessor)
Member Admin
29/03/2020 7:01 pm  

I'm very much a fan of symbolism.

By keeping a dream notebook handy and recording different symbolism, you may be able to identify various themes.

In turn, you can ask yourself: What is the central message?

I feel it can also spark creativity.

If you are in a creative slump, dream therapy may help to spark creativity.

Even if you think dream interpretation is a bunch of hooey, you can still use subconscious fodder to kickstart the imagination.

ReplyQuote
Brad Diedrich
(@theprofessor)
Member Admin
29/03/2020 7:02 pm  
Posted by: @theprofessor

By keeping a dream notebook handy and recording different symbolism, you may be able to identify various themes.

Even if you think dream interpretation is a bunch of hooey, you can still use subconscious fodder to kickstart the imagination.

This guy is totally off the mark, where do his ideas com from?

ReplyQuote
Brad Test
(@brad-test)
29/03/2020 9:30 pm  

This guy is totally off the mark, where do his ideas com from?

I think he seems very intelligent!

ReplyQuote
Share: